I am an avid Firefox user but have been using Chrome web browser a lot lately. Partly because I like it’s new minimalist material design interface which is inspired from Android.
Of late, Chrome the internet browser has been implementing a lot of new features which make it similar to an independent internet based OS running inside Windows or Mac systems. One of them is the ability for websites to show update notifications on your desktop even if you do not have Chrome running.
Turn off Chrome notifications on Windows
- Click on Menu (the three vertical dots on the right side)
- Scroll all the way down and click ‘Show advanced settings’.
- Under Privacy, click ‘Content Settings’.
- In the pop-up that opens scroll down to Notifications.
- Now you can choose on whether you want to hide notifications entirely or just select which websites you want to allow to show notifications.