Opening a new demat / trading account in India is easy nowadays and mostly comes free when you open a salary savings account in one of the major Indian banks. While opening bank accounts is as easy as calling the bank person to your doorstep and submitting documents, closing the HDFC demat account is the one where you will have to make all the effort.
If you have a HDFC demat account and are not using it, here is how you can close it without even going to the HDFC Branch. It is better than paying the annual fees that comes with the account second year onwards.
How to close HDFC Demat Account
- Download the HDFC demant account closure form from HDFC securities site.
- Fill up the details in the form.
- The DP id and client id can be obtained by logging into your HDFC Demat online account.
- Sign the form.
- Send it by post to the address mentioned at the top of the form.
- You can also hand over the form in any of the HDFC branches that have demat account services.
Within a few working days of receipt of the form, HDFC Securities will send you the account closure confirmation to your registered email id.