Opened that trading account in HDFC because the stock trading bug bit you or just because it came free with a savings account? While opening bank accounts is as easy as calling the bank person to your doorstep and submitting documents, closing the HDFC trading account is the one where you will have to make all the effort (not much though).
If you have a HDFC Trading account and are not using it, here is how you can close it without even going to the HDFC Branch. It is better than paying the annual fees that comes with the account second year onwards.
How to close HDFC Trading Account
- Download the closure form from HDFC Securities site.
- Fill up the details in the form.
- The HSL trading account number can be obtained by logging into your HDFC Securities account.
- Also fill in the savings account number / HDFC customer id / DP ID / Demat account number so that HDFC can de link them from the trading account before closing it. These details are available after logging into HDFC Netbanking.
- Sign the form.
- Send it by post to the address mentioned at the bottom of the form.
Within 5 working days of receipt of the form, HDFC will send you the account closure confirmation to your registered email id.